by Ramona Creel
SET SOME BOUNDARIES
- eliminate distractions as much as possible
- it's okay to ask not to be disturbed -- and to say "no"
- close your door, turn off the ringer on your phone, etc.
- set up guidelines for dealing with interruptions
- who you are willing to interrupt work for and who will have to wait
- don't be afraid to ask how long the interruption will take
- then decide whether you have time to handle it now or later
- ask if you need to handle the problem right at that exact moment
- if not, schedule a time to take care of it later
- when interrupted, leave a memory jogger of where you left off work
- it will be easier to get back into the groove when you return